Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Recovery Cookies Recipe

First let me tell you that I did an experiment with the Chicken and Dumplings I served for dinner last night. I defatted all broth used but made one pot of C&D with the Fat-Free dumplings and the other with the dumplings that had fat in them. Those that taste tested said that they could not tell any difference.

This cookie recipe is a little labor intensive so I always make a double or triple batch and freeze them...actually they are better after being frozen. I just reach in and get 2-3 and eat the frozen. I also make up "mixes" that contain the dry ingredients so that I don't have to drag out every thing in the kitchen again. Caution....these are very high fiber so don't eat too many!

CACA COOKIES x2 x3
Sift together:
¾ C All Purpose Flour 1 ½ C 2¼ C
1 C Whole Wheat Flour 2 C 3 C
¾ C Oat Bran 1 ½ C 2 ¼ C
¼ C Ground Flax Seed ½ C ¾ C
1 teasp Baking Powder 2 teasp 1 Tablespoon
½ teasp Baking Soda 1 teasp 1 ½ teasp
¼ teasp Salt ½ teasp ¾ teasp

Combine:

¾ C Smart Balance Oil 1 ½ C 2 ¼ C
½ C Brown Sugar 1 C 1 ½ C
½ C (equivilant) sugar 1 C 1 ½ C
Substitute
Add:

2 Eggs (or eggbeaters) 4 eggs 6 eggs
1 Tblsp milk (FF or Soy) 2 Tblsp 3 Tblsp
1 teasp Vanilla 2 teasp 1 Tblsp

Beat well and blend in dry ingredients gradually. Batter is VERY stiff

Add:

1 C Coarsly Ground Pecans 2 C 3 C
1 C Finely Chopped Dates 2 C 3 C
(or raisens)
Drop by teaspoonfuls into crushed dry cereal (corn flakes, bran flakes, etc)
Roll into a ball and place on parchment paper or non-stick sheet. Make thumbprint and fill with jam or cherry.

BAKE AT 375 for 10-12 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. OOps. It didn't post the way it looked when I was creating it. Anyway, the recipe has the original amount and the amounts on the side are if you double or triple the recipe. Kat - I didn't know how hard it is to make things look right. I will get it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it makes about 6 dozen cookies if done by the teaspoon...I usually make them a little larger because I am lazy. They are definitely not without calories! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete