Friday, August 14, 2009

Advice from a professional about exercise

I got this email from a website I subscribe to and thought I would share:

Hey Becky,Over the last few days I've been thinking about the ridiculous excuses most people make for not exercising.

Do you fall into this trap? I know I certainly do at times!Perhaps you sound a bit like this..."I've no time to exercise, I have to pick the kids up at school, cook dinner, tidy the house - there's simply not enough hours in the day!"Or, maybe you say, "I've got a demanding new job, I simply can't balance my career, my family, AND my workout needs."In truth, these or variations of these, are challenges most people face, and exercise seems to be one of those things we can easily put on the back burner.But, be assured there **are** ways to have a family, career AND good health, WITHOUT losing your sanity!

=================================
How to Make Exercise Part of Your Routine
=================================

Here are my top 3 tips for making your fitness routine work with a busy schedule...

#1 Level with yourself
Isn't it possible that if your spouse, your kids, or your job didn't give you a reason to skip your workout, someone or something else would?So, let's get to the bottom of this...what is REALLY standing in your way?~ Taking on too much responsibility?~ Trying to please others at your own expense?~ Feeling stressed or emotional?~ Perhaps you just don't care enough?~ Or, maybe it's something else?? Once you've worked out what's **really** standing in your way,
you'll be able to start making progress in the right direction.So, what **has** been holding you back?

#2 Choose family-friendly workouts
If you have young children, try to find activities that will allow you to watch them while working out. For example, brisk walking or jogging with your child in a stroller or baby jogger, or pop a fitness DVD into the player at home. Or, if you have older kids, try combining exercise with some family bonding. Choose a time on the weekend, or in the evenings and plan a family outing, such as a bike ride, a walk at the beach, or some outdoor games in your backyard.Check out my previous article on this subject, Fitness Fun for the Whole Family.


#3 Don't make excuses
Most of us are full of excuses for doing or not doing things, wouldn't you agree?So, next time to go to excuse yourself for not exercising that day, remind yourself that EXERCISE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE!

This will help you stay on track and make you think twice about making MORE excuses.The added bonus is that you'll be setting a great example for your children and other family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment