Thursday, July 23, 2009

BBQ Chicken Fajitas

I decided to go ahead and share the first low-fat, low-calorie recipe that I’ve tried so far. I am looking forward to all the recipes that you all will share on here in the days and weeks to come! (Oh and there really is no need to have a picture with it, you all just know that I am a camera freak, right?)

IMG_5256

This is a slightly modified version of a recipe I found at KraftFoods.com.

4 Whole Wheat Tortillas

8 oz boneless skinless chicken, cut into pieces, salted and peppered

2 cups frozen fajita veggies (onion, red pepper, green pepper) - or use fresh

1/3 cup barbeque sauce

1/4 cup cheese

Sauté chicken and veggies in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When chicken is cooked through add BBQ sauce. Put 1/4 of the chicken mixture on a whole wheat tortilla. Sprinkle with a little cheese. And viola! A super quick very yummy healthy meal! Dallin loved them. Me too!

I paired it with some fresh mango and it was delish!

IMG_5253

Nutrition Facts

4 Servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories
251.5

Total Fat
6.5 g

Sodium
649.0 mg

Potassium
250.1 mg

Total Carbohydrate
30.2 g

Dietary Fiber
5.0 g

Sugars
2.7 g

Protein
19.7 g

*To get the nutrition info, I used a recipe calculator at this website (which also happens to be one of the ones that Jaren mentioned, Thanks J). You just enter in the ingredients, put in the number of servings and it calculates the nutrition information per serving. Very handy!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one as well. The whole wheat tortillas kind of tear a little bit when you fold them but then most store bought tortillas do anyway. Very tasty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this one!!! By the way...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the blog title. Go Nathan with your bad self :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! If anyone has any good vegetarian recipes (that don't require strange ingredients), I could use some. I'll be on the lookout too.

    ReplyDelete