Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I've been a work in progress...

This trying to get healthier and stay motivated has been WAY harder than I ever expected! I've had lots of ups and downs and fallen off the "wagon" a few times. However I'm taking it all in strides and one day at a time and FINALLY found my nitch. I bought lots of fruits, veggies and healthier snack options to have in the kitchen. It sounds kind of silly but instead of buying a fridge full of food to cook for dinner every night we've been doing the "subway diet"...obviously something we can do while the little one is still little and it's actually pretty inexpensive with the five dollar footlong deal giving us lunch and dinner for only five dollars.

This is only to buy us time until I put together the ultimate healthy food resource menu so that I know how to shop and prepare healthier meals everyday and not just when I have the stuff. I realize now that living healthier is not a pick and choose, it's a lifestyle change. It means having grapes, apples and yogurt instead of chips, cookies and icecream. It's eating in moderation rather than filling your plate to the edges with food and grazing over that plate for an entire evening until you realize you've eaten the whole plate...yuck!

The only part of this puzzle I've still got to put together is...EXERCISE! I've got to find something I can do that I can work into a schedule of diapers, bottles, highchairs, laundry, dusting, cleaning and so on! It's so tough when you KNOW a load of whites needs to be done and a baby needs your undivided attention but the day is slipping away without any exercise...not to mention the scriptures that need to read and the Church calling that needs some time and attention...oy!

TIME MANAGEMENT IS THE KEY...good thing we're all doing this together!

P.S. I've lost 3 pounds and am going to keep going!

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you, Carrie. Exercise has been the hardest part for me too. Do you have a jogging stroller? I STILL haven't gotten one, and I think if I did I would be more inclined to do a quick jog around the neighborhood. That's my goal for now, I just need to get the stroller because you cannot jog with those big honking Graco things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on loosing the 3 lbs!! That is great! I think we all need some motivation right now. I hope you'll keep posting about what you're doing so that we can be inspired to do it too!!!!

    ReplyDelete