Saturday, April 10, 2010

Outside motivation

So for the last 5 weeks, I have been exercising at least 5 hours a week. I started because my company offered the incentive that if we did the YMCA March madness challenge for at least 3 weeks we would get one PTO day. Well, that was incentive enough for me. In addition, if we were able to make it to the final 4 teams out of 28, we would get our company medical contribution paid for two pay periods. Well, I am happy to say that I made it to the final four. I love some competition and my teammates do too. In the process of exercising, I have been exposed to many different classes at the YMCA. I have done Yoga, Body Step, X-Factor, Spinning, & FIT. I will have to say that most of the classes were quite enjoyable. I wasn't much of a Body Stepper though. It's like dance steps and I have two left feet when it comes to dance.

The good news is that a byproduct of the exercising has caused me to lose around 11 LBS! I certainly didn't set out to lose that much weight but I guess I have accumulated some extra weight over the past few years. I hope that I can continue the motivation to keep exercising even when the competition is over. Because the best benefit is that I feel so much better now then when I started over a month ago. Staying healthy is a lifestyle change that can be hard to keep up. So I hope along with me you can find some motivation to do whatever you can to feel better and stay healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be rubbing those 11 lbs in too much! Just kidding! I'm really proud of you for working so hard to do well in the competition and I really hope you can keep it up. I just hope that I can follow your example!

    ReplyDelete