Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I am the Queen of the World!!!

So my fitness goal for the year is to run a 5k with my dad when he gets back from Iraq (I’ve been promising him this for years and have never done it). I haven’t fully mapped out my plan of action, but I feel like I have a good start. I’ve been running/walking a loop in my neighborhood that is about a mile. I get up at 6am, stretch, run it, and stretch again… simple, but it’s a start. Well, let me tell you that first week (which was last week, yes I am late getting this goal going) was hard! I am out of shape in a bad way! But, today I ran the whole thing and I felt awesome. The wind was blowing in my face, the temperature was perfect, and birds were chirping as if to cheer me on. I even circled the court afterwards and pumped up my speed. YES! So, I’m feeling pretty good today. Any other success stories out there???

No comments:

Post a Comment