Thursday, October 1, 2009

You Are What You Eat...

My dad always said tackle one thing at a time...so I guess that's what I'm continuing to do. Giving up soda wasn't too bad, although I do miss the occasional Doctor Pepper on a really hard day. Hey, it's the closest thing we Mormons can get to instant gratification...we don't drink alcohol :) LOL! It was a little harder giving up huge plates of yummy mashed potatoes, fried foods and Sugary Cereals. Oh, but the hardest is my want to indulge in chocolate cakes, fresh baked cookies and TWISTED FROSTYS! Oh, the pain...

However, I have found a new love for Cheerios (Honey Nut are the best), fresh fruit, yogurt, Lien Cuisines, fresh subway sandwiches, veggies and Ice Cold glasses of water. I have found that when I'm not eating all the time and counting my calories more closely I make A LOT healthy choices. My problem is not what I eat necessarily...just how much of it I eat at one time and how often I eat it. I never realized I was stopping by Wendy's like EVERYDAY one week to get a .99 cent frosty :(

I am happy to report that while continuing to make healthy decisions in food choices and using my Wii Fit EVERYDAY that I have dropped another 2 POUNDS!!! It's a VERY SLOW work in progress, but I gained it a little at a time I guess I've got to lose it that way too. Hope you're all doing well!

Well I'm off to do some cardio & yoga on the Wii Fit!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Hoping to report good news soon myself! :)

    ReplyDelete